Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fairy Princess Clothes and Funny Boys.

We went shopping at Babies R Us yesterday and my girls and I were smitten with the fairy princess baby line of clothing...I am not actually a cutesy," in raptures over baby clothes " sort of person. I'm more like an advocate of justice, womens rights and equality and so it came as a surprise to me that my heart was melting at the sight of some pretty little clothes...but I have to admit that they are adorable.
As we were trying to decide what to buy, my son (disgusted that we were shopping in the first place and doubly disgusted that it was in such an "uncool" place as BABIES R US... it was said with a sneer) found a tiny little 2 year old friend strapped into a cart beside his mum..who was also in delights at the previously mentioned fairy princess clothes.
My son grinned at the poor little captive, he grinned back. My son made a silly face, the toddler gave an ear splitting grin. My son started sticking out his tongue and wiggling his hands and the other little guy started to scream with laughter. He laughed and laughed, every time my son did ANYTHING. My son hid behind clothes racks and popped his head out playing peek a boo and this little one was beside himself with delight. We kept running into them at various points around the store and the toddler bounced up and down with joy and laughed whenever he saw us. He cried when his mum said to say goodbye...she said to me, "Can I take your son home, he will provide hours of entertainment!"
It was funny and Josh was so proud that he had been such a hit. I am really looking forward to seeing him bond and play with Moses, his new little brother. I can't wait to hear Moses shout with delight at big brother Joshua being goofy.
And yes, I did end up buying the cutest little overall and hoodie set for our little girl waiting in Addis...