Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Holiday....
Last week was Spring Break here in Vancouver and we decided to go to a little Gulf Island called Pender Island which is in between (roughly) Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
We had an awesome time,relaxing as a family, just being together.
It was the first time that Ayana and Moses had ever seen a hot tub of course and there was one right on the deck of the gorgeous house that we rented. It was surrounded by trees and believe me it was heaven to sink into. Ayana called it "the bubble water"
We spent time on the beach, going for walks, exploring bakeries and coffee shops, perusing through book stores. We took up a DVD collection of .....The Waltons (my favourite series ever :) ) and watched them at nights, the kids loved them!
One day I took the three older kids to a thrift store and they got their money ready, all excited that they would pick up some sweet bargains, maybe even a souvenir of the Island. Well, we got there and it was like a nightmare of an old Bargain Basement /Junk store. The crowing glory of it was finding bins of (clean!) used underwear for 25c. Joshua almost died as he saw the boxes of old bras and underwear...I don't think he's forgiven me yet for taking him there! We still laugh when we remember it :)
I have added a link to a slide show of our time on the Island and a little video clip of Ayana and Moses on the beach. Ayana discovered chips on this holiday and rapidly became quite passionate about them. Being the generous little soul that she is, she wanted to share them all the time because if she shares...she gets more. She has also picked up on the phrase.."Gosh!" that my older girls have taught her and she is hilarious as she uses it all the time. If the TV is too loud, she says, "Gosh TV", if I drop something she says "gosh mama" etc etc, you get the picture. She's just a funny girl.
Anyway, I am going to update this blog, it is sadly in need of an overhaul but for now, let me know how you like the slide show and "goodnight John boy, goodnight Mary Ellen, goodnight...."
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=25d01c717508b9028571bf&skin_id=0&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the slide show... Ayana and Moses are quite possibly the MOST gorgeous children I have ever seen in my life!

Karl and I will have to learn how to use that program. Very neat.

I am so enjoying following your blog. Hopefully we'll see each other soon. Cheers, Gloria (Freeborn)

Lesley said...

Thank you Gloria!
Yes, let's get together soon!!
lesley

Anonymous said...

Lesley,
Super sweet! Your family is so beautiful. Everybody seems to "mesh" together so nicely.
Ricki

Amy B. said...

I have been following your blog since before you brought your little ones home. I loved the slide show...the video with the chip bag was sooo cute. The laughter was contagious. Our site is www.ourjourneytoethiopia.blogspot.com
Amy

The Hattons... said...

Loved watching the pictures and the slide show. It made me dream of being home with our son, going on vacations and watching him learn new things. Thanks for sharing a part of your world with us. We will always appreciate your friendships.

Love Lyle and Sheri

Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said...

Lesley, thank you so much for sharing that! I love it.... I can just feel the love that your whole family has for eachother. I really hope we can meet in person one day.....maybe the CAFAC bbq?

Lisa