Monday, May 21, 2007

An Amendment...

Well, a very good friend (hello Val :) ) told me that the enclosures on tramps actually have a higher accident rate than if you use a tramp without the enclosure!

So, before I get any comments that may need moderating..lol..just to let you know...we don't let the kids on there without supervision.

AND we've told them (the older ones) not to rely on the net.

AND safety rules still strictly enforced.

AND we've told them tht if they hurl themselves against it (this is mainly for Joshua and his crazy friends!) that they will not be on there any more.

So...I think I've covered my bases there :) :)


And a comment...

Two sets of our neighbours really don't like us! We are a very noisy family. It can't be helped with 5 kids that are healthy and active and are loud to begin with. Anyway, one set of neighbours doesn't speak to us any more at all, the lady actually ignored me and turned away today when I waved over the fence and said "hi".

Strangely enough, it's since Ayana and Moses have come home and we introduced them as our beautiful new children that they haven't spoken to us. Mmmmmmm, I hesitate to attribute this to them as racism but I can't help but wonder. Makes me sad...and not a little angry.

Another set of neighbours across the street also ignore us now, I mean, they don't even smile at us any more.

Don't you find this sad? Anyway, as I said to Dave this morning as we were talking about it, it's their loss! We have wonderful friends that love us and we love them and that's what it's all about.

Thank you to all my friends that have welcomed Ayana and Moses and love them to bits.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sad Lesley. You have a beautiful, loving family....one which I aspire to have some day ;) You are right, it is their loss....they are the ones missing out!
I say be proud and LOUD!!!!
Ricki

Louise said...

Wow Lesley
That is truely their loss...and I find it very sad that people would actually ignore your family because of 2 beautiful, innocent children....too sad.
I agree with Ricki....be proud and be extra loud.
Tell the kids to have fun with the trampoline and avoid any summers in pediatrics in traction LOL LOL LOL :) (opps peds nurse rearing it's ugly head).
Louise

Brianna Heldt said...

Lesley thanks for the comment! It's always nice to know I'm not the only one who has experienced something tough.

Your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have you guys as neighbors! What fun! Some unhappy people have difficulty with others that have a lot of joy in their lives. It's kind of sad really. keep living loud and strong!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Lesley, your children are so beautiful! Your neighbors don't know what they're missing. I have a family of 5 kids next door and they are also very loud! And they're wonderful kids. I'm looking forward to the day my little girl can join in!

Gina

erika said...

I found your site hopping over from a comment you left on my friend Brianna's blog. So sad if people would EVER react negatively based on your adoption of two BEAUTIFUL children. And by the way... Is every child in Ethiopia stunningly gorgeous? My friend's two adopted children, and yet another friend who adopted a child from Ethiopia, are all beautiful too. God bless you guys!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable... and so sad. It just breaks my heart to think that anyone could look at a child and think anything but positive thoughts about their spirit and innocence... as others have said, it's their loss (on so many levels). Your family is stunning and I'd be thrilled to have you as neighbors!

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

I can't believe this either Lesley ! Some neighbors that you have there huh !! I also think that your family is SOO beautiful and inspiring and would SOOO love to live closer to you !

Like you said, definetly their loss....so sad....

Lisa

Tanya said...

People never cease to amaze me. I agree with the others, their loss. I think it is a wonderful thing to have a loud and boisterous family! I only have one child, and can't wait for the day to have the laughter of a few more kids fill my backyard.
I recently have been exposed to come blatent racism, it is so hard to deal with, but I know, sadly, there will be more to come.
(I found my way here from the boards)