Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Is It Just Me?
Just wondering...do things like this happen to other people? Dave says that he only has two truly embarassing stories in his life. I seem to have several a month. So, here is my embarassing story of the week. First of all though, look at this gorgeous little face...could he ever do anything naughty? Mmmmm, read on!
I had taken Ayana and Moses into Starbucks to get a treat and a drink because they had been very well behaved in a couple of stores.
They had sticky sugar all over them so we went into the bathroom to wash our hands. Of course, when in the bathroom, I took the opportunity of asking Ayana if she needed to go...yep...so she goes. Then I quickly jump onto the toilet myself before we head out and Moses decides to UNLOCK the door and RUN OUT!
NOOOOOO, COME BACK!
I jumped off the toilet, grabbing my pants with one hand and tried to chase Moses while Ayana, my three year old, is laughing at me. Quickly grabbed Moses, pull him back in and lock the door.
"Never open the door when we are in the bathroom Moses, never" I said.
Ayana tried to look very serious,
"Oh my goodness" she chimed in (mmm I guess I say that a lot)
I just had to laugh.
So, back to my original question...
"Is it just me?"

6 comments:

The Hattons... said...

I'm too busy laughing to even answer your question ... because Miki did that to me at the swimming pool just last week. He had lessons so I wasn't changing into a suit. I was just going pee and he unlocked the door and ran out leaving the door open. :)

Feel better?

Maybe the boys plan things when they are together?!

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

My girls LOVE to open the door as well when i'm using the public washroom even if they have been told numerous times that we don't do that when mom is ON the toilet... here I thought it was only MINE that would do something like that !!!

I usually have them stand FAR from the lock, however its easier said then done when you have your pants down I know...

And the Oh my goodness, funny as I saw that often too as Marika has picked that up too !

Lisa

Corrie said...

still laughing!!!!!!

The Warren Family said...

hahaha...too funny. We don't have kids yet but I will prepare myself to be embarassed on occasion (-:
Shannon

Victor and Sandie said...

you and pants in compromising positions seem to be your forte my friend! HILARIOUS!!!
sandie

Anonymous said...

I laughed ... I don't even know you but it is something my son did to me one time. Very fortunately I was able to grab for the door before it swung all the way open but off ran my little toddler.

All is well that ends with a hearty laugh.