Thursday, March 19, 2009

Erin is in Uganda!!!
Erin has been in Kibaale, Southern Uganda for almost a week.
 She is on an outreach team with P.A. High School.  Right now she is at Kibaale Community Centre and in this picture you can see her speaking at the Primary Chapel.
Erin L.O.V.E.S. Kibaale and I can tell from this picture that she is soooo happy. She has raised funds for two sponsor children's homes to be built as well as put a lot of her hard earned babysitting money into sponsoring them monthly, getting them gift baskets and food parcels, buying them livestock at Christmas and sending money for clothes. 
On Tuesday she got the chance to go and visit the homes that she had had built for her sponsor families. She said it was going to be one of her life's highlights to sit in their homes and talk (via translator) with the mothers of her sponsor kids. I can't wait to hear how it went.
If you go onto...
 www.kibaale.blogspot.com
...you can see lots of pictures of the whole team, the center, the kids and just read up on this fabulous place. We visited as a family in 2005 and Erin fell in love with it then, (as did our whole family) so this trip back is a dream come true for her. 
She will be back on March 28th and although I can not W.A.I.T to see her, hug her, hear all the stories, see the pictures and watch the videos...I don't want the trip to end for her because I know she is in her element and will be SO sad to come back. 
I think this is where Erin hopes to live full time in a few years. A couple of weeks ago she GOT ACCEPTED AT TRINITY WESTERN UNIVERSITY and is intending to take education/teaching. (She also got a fantastic scholarship based on her marks...good  for her...she is a clever girl!)
She will come to Africa with us for two years and defer her Uni entry, but after her teaching degree, she has said she wants to go back to teach...probably at Kibaale.
I said to Dave last night that although it will feel like half of me is missing when she leaves home, if she ends up in Kibaale full time, I will be content because I know that is where she wants to be and we have prayed for a global servant heart for her since she was a tiny baby.
BUT that is skipping ahead of myself, she is still with us for a couple of years, thank goodness, and she is at Kibaale even if it's only for a couple of weeks right now and that means that she is happy :) and so I am happy.

1 comment:

The Hattons... said...

We read it a couple days ago ... but them got distracted. I'm looking forward to Erin's return and "hearing" all about the trip.

By the way, before Erin left I told her she didn't have to go to TWU. I told her we have some great Universities out here and she was welcome to stay with us. :)