Monday, September 04, 2006

From Toddler Beds to Cribs...

I know that the normal progression of life is graduating from a crib into a youth or toddler bed, but Ayana has gone from a toddler bed to a crib today.
She was having a really hard time going to sleep in her little bed as she had never ever been in a bed before. Every naptime and bedtime was a gruelling ordeal of screams and temper tantrums...I was at my wits end trying to figure out how to pacify her.
As she is sharing a room with Moses, she would inevitably wake him up and the combination of jet lag and being woken up several times a night was not what we had envisioned...
In addition to this, Ayana kept getting up and trying to come downstairs, but the final straw was last night when I heard noises coming from their room and found Ayana trying to poke Moses awake.
Today Dave set out and returned victorious with a new crib which we immediately put up and we will save the toddler bed for when she is older.
Tonight was the test and I approached it anxiously as already I was beginning to dread the screamfest that was happening each night.
I showed her the new crib with her familiar blankets and dolls...and she smiled, lay down and waved to me. I couldn't believe it...I've already checked on her twice thinking that she will be rappelling over the edge...but she's asleep...keep your fingers crossed...this might be the answer.


Look at this cute little face!! This is Ayana feeling very proud sitting in her own big seat "looking" at a menu when we were in Ethiopia.