Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Gran Gran's Here!
My whole family lives in the UK, and as such have not yet seen Ayana and Moses...much to their distress!
My mum has been dying to see them and phones them all the time. You can imagine the phone conversations with a 2 yr old still learning English and a 1 yr old who points. Anyway, we also "visit" Gran Gran on the web cam and so Ayana thinks that Gran Gran lives in the computer. If you say "where's gran gran?" she runs and points at the computer screen. Very funny.
So, mid way through January, my mum finally arrived and what a glorious airport trip that was. I was so excited that I started to shake when I saw her and she just ran and held onto Ayana and Moses who straightaway hugged her. It was so awesome. Of course, Erin, Megan and Josh got huge hugs and kisses too. She left at the beginning of Feb and it was very hard to see her go. She is very British in that she doesn't usually cry in public, but she broke down at the departure gate when Moses blew her a kiss...it's hard to live thousands of miles away from family.
We had the most awesome visit and now when I ask Ayana where Gran Gran is, she says "Gran Gran said Bye bye and mama cry" :(
I made a short slide show of a couple of pictures taken on the first day of her visit here. Please click on the link below and turn on your speakers. I would suggest that you don't enlarge the picture as it tends to distort. I really HOPE that this works.
PLEASE leave me a comment so that I can see if I did it properly!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=23fe24c2fb5cb341f84ca4&skin_id=0&&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

6 comments:

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

What a Beautiful slide show Lesley...

I will have to make one of these of my trip to Ethiopia soon !

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lesley the video was great!
glad your mom could visit,
Louise

Anonymous said...

Lesley.... You did a great job!! That's so awesome that your kids already knew your Mom from using a webcam.... It's great that she could finally meet Ayana & Moses in person!

Lisa W

Anonymous said...

Your slideshow is great! I am a photographer in Vancouver, and my husband and I are just starting the process of adoption from Ethiopia. I greatly enjoy reading your blog.
Thank you for sharing.

Lesley said...

Laura,
Where are you in Vancouver? I would love to talk with you. Which agency/where are you in process etc.
Lesley

Anonymous said...

i enjoy reading your blogs so much. Moses and Ayana are so cute.

Joanne