Friday, July 13, 2007


Beads and braids.
I only have a couple of minutes literally, so I am just going to show you some pictures of Ayana's hair during and after my attempts at braiding and beading.
She was sooo good and sat for almost 2 hours while I made little box braids and threaded pink and white beads all over!
My two older girls sat with me, threading the beader, bringing Ayana little snacks and we all just chatted away. Dave came in and said that it was like being back in Africa...all the women chatting and doing hair together.
It is very much a part of African culture for the women to do just that. Very relaxing, very social and friendly...it was a fun time. So, here are some of the pictures...isn't she a little princess!























6 comments:

Brightlight said...

She is gorgeous... great job on the beading. Will have to get lessons if we are proposed a girl!

Hope all is well, Gloria

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

She is SOOOO cute love the last picture of her ! YOu did a GREAT job Lesley !!!

Can't wait to be able to compare notes on the braiding and beading in a few months :)

Lisa

Sarah and Tim said...

Thanks for this post. As silly as it sounds, during our wait this is one of the things I think about. I can barely manage to curl my bangs in the morning so I know this will be a huge adjustment! I look forward to getting tips from people such as yourself! Cheeers.

esther said...

WOW!!! That really is impressive. I really have no idea as to the gender of the children we will be blessed with, but deep down i would love to braid for my daughter, in the beautiful way you have done. :)

Anonymous said...

Super job! She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a darling! Boy, is she getting to be a big girl!