Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Historic Day!


What an incredible day. I felt privileged to watch as an African American man was sworn in as President of the United States of America. Incredible.
I think he is a brilliant orator and a very dignified and composed man. Very exciting to watch.
Of course, as Moses turned off the TV at the precise moment when he went forward to take his oath, I had to watch that on the computer later, but it was still very exciting.
Only time will tell about how his administration handles the pressures and challenges of leadership, but for now, I am just enjoying the pomp and ceremony of it all.
Congratulations Mr. President!!

3 comments:

The Hattons... said...

YAY MR. PRESIDENT. It was so neat to watch, I agree. Miki spent a good part of the day walking around saying Barack Barack Barack is black. It was cute.

By the way Lesley ... I love you too. :) We all love you guys so much and miss you more.

Coming to visit soon I hear! Yay.

Lesley said...

Coming to visit soon?
Yes, yes, thanks for the I love you's. :)

The Hattons... said...

Perhaps wishful thinking? I was trying the reverse psychology thing ... is that what it was ... anyway, I was trying something to ingrain in your head that you were coming out here to visit. :)