Monday, April 16, 2007

I want to be just like my daddy...
The other day my daughter Megan and I were quickly running through Wal Mart (story of my life lately, I'm always running somewhere! :) ) and we spotted some perfect little boots for Ayana and Moses.
Doodle Bop boots for Ayana and Bob the Builder boots for Moses. Don't feel bad if you do not know what these are! I confess that before Ayana and Moses arrived, I had not heard of the Doodle Bops. I remember Bob from when Josh was little. Ayana loves the Doodle Bops, a singing, poppy, dancing group for kids. (I'm not as convinced, they are very irritating, but oh well...) When we got home and showed them their new little boots, they were delighted and insisted on putting them on there and then..even though Ayana was all ready for bed and Moses was nearly ready, just in his diaper. He tried to pull his boots on the wrong feet, saying "b, b, b, b" for Bob. Here they are proudly showing off their new boots.















Moses is obsessed with wearing his daddy's shoes. Many times a day I find him desperately trying to walk in Dave's enormous shoes, often falling over after a few steps.
It is very sweet the way that he loves to go into the closet, haul out a pair of shoes, spend a few concentrated minutes pulling them on, struggle to stand up, only to fall over and start over again.


Notice the delicate balancing act..."if I stay bent over like this...I might stay standing!" (Also note the odd shoes, he doesn't care if they are a pair, just as long as they are way too big)











Here he is attempting to walk in Dave's shoes.
I have to say, Dave is the most awesome guy, wonderful husband and fantastic daddy...those are big shoes to fill little guy!













1 comment:

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

TOO sweet Lesley !!!

Wonderful memories in the making that's for sure !!

Lisa