Monday, April 14, 2008

The update as promised. Starting with England 2007...
I went to UK in September of 2007 to celebrate my mum's birthday with her. She turned 70! She looks fantastic as you can see from the picture I took of her on her birthday morning! There was a huge cake and a celebration at her church too..


One of my favourite things to do while with my mum was to go walking with her and her adorable little Schnauzer, Mack. These pictures are taken in the local park...I remember being taken to play here when I was little.





And these are taken on walks around the countryside...this is so familiar to me. This is home to me. The canal walks are literally minutes from my mums house and you can see the ancient bridges. They twist over the top of the canal like that because the tow horses had to pull barges along and they would sometimes have to shift sides...having to walk up and over the the canal bridge. Men would lie on the barges and 'walk" the barge through the narrow bridges with their feet on the walls.








This is the house that I lived in from the time I was four years old until I left to get married and moved to Canada (with a few years out at University in North London) My brother and his wife bought the house from my mum when he got married. This is so cool as it means that the house is still in our family and has been my brothers home from the tender age of one! He now is raising his own children there. (That's me with my nephew and niece)
This is the town that I grew up in...it is a little market town and very lovely.

OK...that is enough for now. I have to go and put my little ones to bed.You see, I knew I wouldn't be able to just do this quickly. I have to tell you what's on all the pictures! Anyway, I have promised that I will fill you in on the last few months so I will just do long posts with lots of pictures like this every day until I am caught up! I will finish off England tomorrow and then my family news catch up.That is a promise...or a threat. Whichever way you want to take it. :)

3 comments:

Brightlight said...

I'm so excited that you are posting on your blog again! I have missed it! What a beautiful town you grew up in!

See you this weekend. Cheers, Gloria

Louise said...

I am loving all the pics!! I am going to keep commenting too until you post again!!
Louise

The Hattons... said...

Beautiful pictures Lesley. Next time you go, I think you'll be taking an extra passenger ... or two .. or three ... or four!